M&A’s – Restructurings – Financings -Valuations – International Business
Valuation Research Group Argentina:
Biasca & Associates
HISTORY (39 years)
The 70’s and 80’s.
R. Biasca & Associates (registered as R.Biasca & Asociados SRL in Argentina) is a small and prestigious Argentine consulting firm that built its reputation with its work in the Organizational Improvement and Change field. Rodolfo Biasca is one of the “Argentine management gurus”. His book “Productivity” gave him publicity in the 80´s and his books “Resizing” and “Change Management” were best-sellers in Latin America in the 90´s. A new, up-dated set of three new books were published in 2000-2001 and reprinted in 2004. During year 2005, a reduced version in one volume was published in the US as book and e-book. There is no Spanish speaking author that has published so extensively in the subject.
The firm is involved in consulting since 1976 and management training since 1972. More than 120 companies in Argentina and other countries can give references.
Strategic alliances were formed. Since 1995 it belongs to the Valuation Research Group providing valuation consulting services in business transaction projects.
In the late 90’s, an aggressive expansion began in Latin America, with special emphasis on Executive Education. There is no single country in Continental Latin America in which the firm has not worked.
Years 2000 to 2015
In the Third Millennium important events took place and relevant strategic decisions were made:
- R. Biasca joins the Argentine Academy of Engineering in year 2000 and joins the Pan-American Academy of Engineering in 2002. Both are significant professional recognitions.
- R. Biasca updates and improves his set of three business transformation books; a unique publication in the Spanish language.
- R.Biasca expands his activity as educator, teaching executive seminars and graduate courses all around Latin America. He had already taught in more than 60 universities and numerous educational institutions and companies.
- A growing list of clients in Mexico and Central America are being serviced. For example: the World Bank contracted R.Biasca to make a Reengineering Proposal for the water public company in Honduras (SANAA).
- Cooperation agreements were reached with companies in China and India to facilitate international business. With affiliates in different countries in America, Europe, Asia and Australia a global network has been formed.
- Important local companies in Latin America continue to call for help in performance improvement or restructuring projects. Examples: Coexito/Mac (Colombia, 2007), Grupo Cartellone (Argentina, 2008).The Valuations area is very active. See the client list..
Biasca & Associates has always been in a field that we can call by different names: “improvement”, “change”, “and business transformation”, “organizational effectiveness”. The general purpose is to move the client closer to the “best international practices”. Academics and consultants use these terms to label the effort companies do to adjust to new environments and obtain better results.
Services have been changing over the years, but the general strategic orientation has been the same.
Our competitive advantages are: experience with international best practices, the knowledge of Latin American culture, international contacts and our 33 year history of delivering value to our clients.
To be an excellent management consulting company in America, in the practice of competitiveness improvement
To offer clients assistance in improving their business results
- International orientation
- Work ethics
- Intensive dedication to the client.
- Up-dated knowledge
- Creative and practical solutions
- Commitment to change
SERVICES AND PRACTICES
Services involve consulting projects, counseling, temporary project leadership, international business and management training activities.
Subjects can be classified in different groups.
Contacts and information to facilitate international business. The most common requirements are:
- Business contacts between organizations in the US, China, India, Europe, Latin
- America and Australia.
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Strategic Alliances
- Project Financing
Performance Improvement and Change
In the private and public sectors:
- Corporate Restructurings/ Resizing
- Turnaround Strategy and Business Architecture
- Execution and Change Management
- Growth Management
- Small Business Administration
- Business Valuations
- Appraisal of tangible and intangible assets
- Corporate Financing
- Custom-made programs for private and public companies
- Executive seminars for graduate programs in universities or other educational institutions